Thursday 2 July 2009

How I made $10,200 in Vegas? Updates from SinCity & World Series of Poker 2009

Zzzz……… I’ve slept incredibly well last night. The reason? I won the first mega satellite that all the Ladbrokes qualifiers are playing over here in Sin City.
If you don’t know me, chances are you’ve never played in a Ladbrokes tournament yet. I’m almost as regular as s7eve! Now, this is a story about having great timing and about knowing what will hit the board before the flop, turn and river even are dealt. In other words, being a Swede. Before all of that, this was the payout structure that Ladbrokes Poker provided:
• 1st to 7th: WSOP main event package
• 8th: Killarney package
The Killarney package was an added prize from Ladbrokes and as usual we are getting world-class treatment on these fantastic events that Ladbrokes provides -thanks guys! BTW, I went to Killarney last year with Laddies known ‘luckboxes’ ‘Macccio’ and ‘KungLui’, we had a blast and I must say I think this is an event I’m gonna try to be at for many years to come…
• 9th: $500 consolation prize.
Now, this is how I made $10,200 yesterday.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow Vegas Dream winner’s journey instantly through http://twitter.com/ladbrokes_poker Also stay tuned for daily videos, uploaded within hours of being filmed in Vegas, latest one are on our website http://poker.ladbrokes.com/en/poker-events/wsop & Ladbrokes Poker YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LadbrokesPokerTV
----------------------------------------------------------------------
First of all I actually had some bad luck when we were about 16-12 players left and lost two giant pots that definitely would secure me to win a package, but after these hands and as soon as the final table started Lady Luck and I had a fling that would make most teenagers jealous. With 9 people left I’m really shortstacked and pushes all in from the button to try to pick up the blinds, big blind gets in the tank and after a couple of minutes I hear the words that I don’t really want to hear. "call".
I flip over J4 and he shows A9. Well, time to do whatever my tournament gury _Dolly_ has taught me to do in these kinds of situations. Suck out the other guy as worse as possible. Flop KQT; turn 7, and river the most wonderful 4 I’ve seen in my life.
Two hands later I’m all in against some poor Dane again. I’m holding AQ and he got the cowboys, KK. Flop 623, turn 4, river A. DIIIING!!! The Dane is sent to the rail with $500 and I’ve been on his side so many times I know how he’s feeling and for a while I felt really bad for him. This I’m not sure of, but I’m guessing those $500 he got for ninth place hit the crapstables before he got to the taxi line to go from RIO back to Caesars. After this pot I got up to 100k and I ordered a stiff Vodka Redbull and leaned back….
OK, this proves to you what you should already know. Swedes are lucky. But we’re not just only lucky, we can be awful as well, were outdrawing you on the river and what I’m actually trying to say here is, If you’re a qualifier and a Swede is moving all in on you, think twice before you’re calling cause we ‘Swedes’ are born with an horseshoe up our behinds!
I look forward in seeing you all at the Ladbrokes.com Irish Poker Festival in Killarney in October. And unlucky Danish guy, pints are on me if you’re going!
Regards Martin ‘Michelin’ Stalros, Wednesday 1st July 2009

btw. Don’t forget to watch the video above as it has the ‘password’ for tonight’s ‘Vegas Dreamers’ freeroll tournament at 19:30 BST! Every ‘Vegas Dreamers’ freeroll has over a hundred prizes with a value of almost €1000 and it’s all FREE! Password can be found here: http://bit.ly/14wZCm

No comments:

Post a Comment